The Insider's Guide to Google I/O vs Apple WWDC

Apart from my previous articles, here is explained sorry discuss the details about Google I/O and Apple WWDC. Basically, this article is interactive so feel free to pass your suggestion through the comments section. As per our regulation, first I have to explain what is Google I/O and Apple WWDC.


Google I/O, here I/O stands for Input/ Output as well as the slogan “Innovation in the Open”. The name itself defines the meaning of this event. Yes, Google I/O is like a launching program, in this program, Google launches its new product and services. It held in May or June (around 2 – 3 days) in Mountain View, California. The CEO of Google presents their new launches. This year this program held online on 18 May 2021to 20 May 2021. If you want to participate in the event, use the following link.

Next Apple WWDC, it’s also similar to Google I/O, every year Apple Inc held a conference called Apple WWDC (World Wide Developers Conference) in San Jose Convention Center, California for launching its new innovations and services around May - June. Last year this conference held online because of COVID – 19 Pandemic.

Apple WWDC started in 1983 whereas the Google I/O started in 2008. I think now all of you know the basic details of Google I/O and Apple WWDC, so move on to the next important section. What are the new innovations and services are announced this year at both events.

Starts with Google I/O, here I list down some of the new launches of Google I/O

1)  Android – 12

Always Google I/O’s first update is next version of Android. But I think it’s going to be the beta version so only the new launching pixel smart phone only gets this OS version.

2)  New gadgets and smartphones

It like a rumored update, Google plan to launch its new Pixel 6 and 6A edition of smarphones and Pixel Ear bud.

3)  White chapel

Our tech giant Google enter the hardware market, yes Google launches it new processor GS101 Whitechapel in association with Samsung, the processor will reportedly power both Pixel 6 and rumored Pixel foldable phones.

4)  WearOS

Google expected to unveil a OS for it wearables like smart Watches. So we expect this I/O is platform for its new WearOS.

5)  Software Updates

Other the new products and services, Google always update the features of its existing products. In this I/O, Google Assistant will get more updates because the growing phase of their AI industry.

Another major tech giant Apple will also contact its WWDC on June 7 to 11. Here I list down some of the expectations of Apple WWDC 2021:

1)  iOS 15 – it will be continuation of iOS 14 adding some little tweaks to make better experience and it supports only A10 and later processors

2)  watchOS 8 – newest version of OS especially for Apple Wearables, expects more health centric features because of Covid – 19.

3)  tvOS 15 – while tvOS 14 was minor upgrade so we can expect more features in tvOS 15.

4)  iPadOS 15 – Apple plans to develop next generation of iPad Pro are expected to launch soon, like iPadOS 15 focus on feature that will make the high end tablet closer to our PC.

5)  macOS 12 – there are many mac refreshers are rumored to be in the work Apple developing new version of the iMac and MacBook Pro, but it is not yet cleared if those machines will come out on WWDC.

Now we come to the conclusion section, I already told you that this article is an interactive one, so now we start our interaction. I am going to ask you three questions.

1)  What are you think about these events?

2)   If you have a chance to ask question to Google or Apple’s CEO in the event, then what will be your question?

3)  If you have any suggestion about the Google or Apple software, then what is it?

These are my questions; use the comments section for further discussion. I’ll expect great questions from you. Thank You.

If you think the content given here is valuable, then share it with your friends and colleagues.

At the same, if you found any corrections, share them with me through the comments section.

Once again thank you for reading!!!

Hide and Seek

Here we explore the hidden gems in the technical world.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post